Condo Insurance in Rhode Island
We proudly offer condo insurance policies at Podmaska Insurance Agency in Providence, RI. Our policies protect possible lawsuits against you, injuries that occur in your condo, living expenses if your condo needs to be repaired, and even your personal belongings. Our agents will help you find the perfect policy to meet your needs. Condo insurance protects you as a condo owner.
Condo Insurance Requirements
Rhode Island doesn’t legally require condo owners to purchase insurance. However, it may be a requirement if you finance your condo.
Condo Insurance Coverage
Here’s what condo insurance covers:
- Personal property- Personal property coverage will protect your items if stolen or damaged. These items may include tools, furniture, clothing, and electronics. If your personal items are not kept in your home but in your car or garage instead, you will still be protected.
- Loss of use- If your condo is damaged following a natural disaster, this will cover your hotel, rent, and food expenses.
- Personal liability- If you are sued by a family member or someone you live with for property damage or bodily injury, this will cover your court costs and other legal fees.
- Medical payments- This covers medical expenses for another person hurt while in or near your condo. For example, if a friend’s child breaks her arm while at your condo, the parents may ask you to cover their medical expenses. This is when your medical coverage will kick in.
Here are some additional options for your condo that you may want to consider:
- Personal injury- Some expensive lawsuits are covered under personal injury resulting from libel or slander, wrongful eviction, and others.
- Water back-up- This covers water damage from sewer systems and sump pumps if they are backed up.
Get a Quote
To receive a condo insurance quote, please call Podmaska Insurance Agency today. We are located in Providence, RI.