Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance is essential for companies that use vehicles in everyday business. Contact Podmaska Insurance in Providence, Rhode Island, to learn more about tailoring your company’s commercial auto policy to meet your needs.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance is a group of insurance coverages designed to help cover a company’s legal liability, including property damage and bodily injury if an employee or owner causes an accident while driving a company vehicle.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Insurance?
Businesses in Rhode Island that use vehicles for business must carry a minimum amount of commercial auto insurance liability coverage. If your company leases or finances vehicles, your lienholder also requires full coverage commercial auto insurance, which may include collision, comprehensive and GAP coverage.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance helps businesses avoid some of the financial stress of an accident. Depending on your situation, your insurance agent may recommend the following policies:
How Is Commercial Auto Insurance Different From Regular Auto Insurance?
- Liability insurance is required for Rhode Island companies that use vehicles for business purposes. It helps cover claims for third-party bodily injury liability and property damage liability. Collision insurance helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for nonaccident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft.
- Medical payments helps pay for medical bills if a company vehicle driver or passenger is injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Commercial umbrella insurance kicks in to help cover property damage and bodily injuries when a liability claim exceeds the limits of your company’s other liability policies.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) provides coverage for leased, personal and rented vehicles used by your company.
Without proper commercial auto insurance, your company may not have coverage for accidents that happen while using personal vehicles for business purposes. A personal auto policy does not provide appropriate coverage for business vehicles.
If you or your employees drive personal vehicles for work purposes, you may need HNOA coverage to protect the vehicle’s owner and your business.
Get a Quote for Commercial Auto Insurance
Contact Podmaska Insurance today to get a personalized commercial auto insurance quote.