Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Rhode Island
Relax on your boat with confidence, knowing you have ample protection that fits your boating needs. We offer premium boat and watercraft insurance at Podmaska Insurance Agency in Providence, RI. We understand precisely what you need depending on your unique situation. We offer many policies and protection for your boat, from boater liability to navigational area.
Boat and watercraft Insurance Requirements
Boat insurance is not legally required in Rhode Island. However, you should consider purchasing a policy no matter the type of watercraft you own. It is also possible that your lender may require you to buy a policy if your boat is leased or financed.
Boat and watercraft Insurance Coverage
Here’s what boat insurance covers:
- Liability- If you are liable for an accident or damage to another person’s boat or boating equipment, this will cover damages and protect you if you are sued.
- Medical payments- If you and your passengers become hurt following an accident on your boat, this will pay for any medical-related expenses.
- Uninsured- If an uninsured boater hits you while you are in the water and causes injuries, this will cover any expenses related to the accident.
- Agreed value- This covers the agreed value limit of your boat or watercraft following a total loss. It also includes repair costs and partial loss costs.
- Personal effects- This protects you if any of your items or boating equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Comprehensive- If your boat is damaged by theft, storms, wind, vandalism, etc., this will cover the costs of repairing your watercraft.
- Collision- If you and another boater collide in the water, this will cover repair expenses, regardless of fault.
Get a Quote
To receive a boat insurance quote, please call Podmaska Insurance Agency today. We are located in Providence, RI.